SIM signalling

Hi,

Has anyone tried to enable SIM status indication with libqmi APIs? I have RC76xx modem and when I try to enable signalling related to data connection status, the modem sends signals properly, but when I enable signalling similar way for SIM status changes, I don’t get any signal from the modem. I am wondering if there is any setting required in the modem to get signals about SIM status …like ‘locked’, ‘unlocked’, etc…

how about " --uim-get-card-status"?

If I query explicitly, it works fine. I get the correct status. But if, for example, someone inserts another SIM when the device is still powered ON, I would like the updates automatically. For this the libqmi (not QMICLI), has signalling options. But not sure if there are some settings required in the modem to be able to generate the signals. I think, libqmi cannot do much if signals are not received from the modem.

how about using AT command AT+KSIMDET=1 for receive the notification +SIM?

I mean the following doesn’t seem to work, when used for RC76xx:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/libqmi/libqmi-glib/1.30.8/libqmi-glib-UIM-Card-Status-indication.html

while, this works as expected. I get signals from modem if network goes off (poor signal condition for example)
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/libqmi/libqmi-glib/1.30.8/QmiClientWds.html#QmiClientWds-packet-service-status

how about using AT command AT+KSIMDET=1 for receive the notification +SIM?

You can also check the sample application \SampleApps\lite-qmi-uim in MBPL, I saw there is PrintUimEventsRegisterOption()

I have not tried AT+KSIMDET=1, where do these notifications come? on UART or USB?

You can give a try…

BTW, what port are you using ?
UART or USB?

ttyUSB for the AT commands. On the USB, I dont seem to get any notifications:

at
at
OK
at+ksimdet?
at+ksimdet?
+KSIMDET: 1

OK
at+cpin?
at+cpin?
+CPIN: SIM PIN

OK
at+cpin=“1234”
at+cpin=“1234”
OK
at+cpin?
at+cpin?
+CPIN: READY

OK

How about you remove the sim card from the sim slot?
Do you see notification?