scan network AT command

fs1,

Ok, its clear now, the EM7345 is an Intel based M.2 turn key solution which is generically not for sale (by Sierra) outside the PC OEM’s, you cannot say it is for the EM/MC73 series in this case as the industrial products (EM/MC7304/7354) are QC based and will not have these commands in.

The command format generically speaking is as follows:

• at+x… are Intel internal
  • at$ are QC internal
  • at! are Sierra specials

Some of our competitors sell the Intel solution outside the PC OEM market which is where these other guys must be getting the unit from as it is not from us.

Regards

Matt

Meaning AVM? I don’t know where they are getting it from, you should know, I don’t think they are purchasing them from some shady dealer.

Personally, I would find it nice if you would still provide documentation for this. It is clearly marked as a Sierra Wireless device, in the EC/MC series. Even if it’s only for OEMs, they probably still need documentation, as they are developers too. Or relabel those devices.

Even them, as a user you might want to use AT commands, even if you bought the device because you bought a Notebook/Tablet. So a complete documentation for the end user would be nice.

It is a commercial decision to only offer the turn key solution to the PC OEM’s as we have products which we maintain and have more control over (and which are better technically in our opinion) than the Intel part (namely as referenced previously the MC7304/7354). As a result it is pointless us supplying documentation for a product which customers are unable to purchase from us.

As I understand it the Intel documentation is only able to be supplied under NDA anyway.

Regards

Matt

Once they buy a Laptop or whatever device they have a product from you. If you mean only devices directly bought from you, then you are right, but this is a little shortsighted.

Fs1,

There is no commercial relationship between Sierra and the end user i.e. if you buy a car and there is a problem with the headlamps on it do you go to the head lamp manufacturer or the car dealer?, the support must be provided by the laptop supplier as they lock the devices down in ways that are outside of Sierra Wireless’s control or responsibility, consequently we do not publish confidential information that is supplied to PC OEM’s.

Regards

Matt

Depends, if I want it replaced probably to the dealer, if I want a datasheet (to fix it myself?) to the manufacturer. (The dealer does not necessarily know every detail)

A sad decision, but understandable.

Hello,

at beginning this year, AVM brought a new fritz!box 6820, which has got EM7455 inside.
Is this module also base on intel chip?

I have not seen a Fritzbox with an EM7455 inside. AVM does not have a Cat6 device currently in their product line, so I doubt they have an EM7455 yet.