RV50X - Firmware downgrade

The RV50x I’m using currently runs firmware 4.13 b17. For testing purposes, I would need to downgrade to 4.12. I’m really struggling to find a downloadable file for that firmware version, does anybody know where (or if) I can get it from? Is there a downgrade process I should follow?

Hi pferri,
All firmware versions are available on AirVantage.

• You can upgrade/downgrade directly on AirVantage ( Monitor -> select your System -> click on Upgrade button, and then select the firmware to upgrade/downgrade). With this option, your device should connect to network and can connect to AirVantage.
  • Log in AirVantage -> Develop -> Public Apps -> you can filter with Name = “ALEOS RV50X” and revision = “4.12”. Select the firmware, and download the zip file -> Extract that file to your PC, and then upgrade RV50X through your PC.

Thanks,

Hi jerdung,
thanks for the quick reply.

I followed you instructions, I’m just having problem logging in AirVantage, all I get is an “access denied” message. Am I missing something?

Hi,
Where did you get the AirVantage account? Please contact your Distributor if there is any issue for your account.
Thanks,

Hi jerdung,

Well, in fact, I do not have an AirVantage account, I made the (wrong) assumption that this account (for the SierraWireless website) would work.

I’ll make a new AirVantage account.

Hi pferri,
Please follow this guide to create the new account for AirVantage:
https://source.sierrawireless.com/airvantage/av/howto/hardware/airlink_getting_started/

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi jerdung,

Yep, I managed to find a way earlier, I got the .zip file, thanks!