Port Build Environment from FX30 3G to FX30 LTE

Hi,

We have an existing build environment for the FX30 3G with Legato and our custom C applications (not Legato one).
Is there any documentation or procedure to follow to port/adapt our environment to build our FW for the FX30 4G (wp77)?

Thank you in advance if you have any informations,
Guillaume

@g.amaudric

There isn’t a guide as such what are you looking for? Couple of points I will make.

• Dev studio has been obsoleted now in favour of VS Code.
  • The repository that dev studio is no longer being updated with newer versions of the Legato.
  • The repository being used now is Leaf.
  • To develop with for the FX30 LPWA and the old repository you could use the Legato version for the WP7702 but this is not the official path.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt, thanks you for your answer.

We successfully insert our recipes (by editing/updating some ) on the existing mdm9x28 recipes (via a .bbappend to) but now we are facing an error, on the image generation:
swi-mdm9x28-wp/mdm9x28-image-minimal-swi-mdm9x28-wp-20200318133622.rootfs.2k.ubifs" is 52695040, which is larger than volume size 39845888

It seem that there are too many data (default sierra + our customs) on this partition, this part work properly for the FX30. If I remove our packages from the image it generate all the cwe properly.

How many remaining spaces is available for user application on the mdm9x28-image-minimal?

What is the proper new way to add our packages?

Regards,
Guillaume

@g.amaudric

That’s a pretty big question. Can’t really give youy a detailed answer other than to push you to the generic Legato documentation.

https://docs.legato.io/latest/toolsBuild.html

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,
After some investigations on the compilation steps, it seem that my problem (too much data to fit in the cwe) is produced by a major difference between the FX30 3G and 4G: The partition type. On the FX30 4G ubifs is used but the FX30 3G use squashfs.

Is there a “clean” way to use the squashfs (which have a better compression ratio) on the FX30 4G?

Regards,
Guillaume