Octave 3.2.1 - FX30S - how do I check edge stream(s) status

I raised this question previously in this post but I have reposted here because the original post is complex enough with the ULPM / RTC / FX30S discussion.

When implementing a system that uses ULPM it would be useful to know in the edge system if any data is waiting to be sent from the edge to the cloud

Is there any way to do this locally on the edge device without having to add another custom mechanism (say using a cloud action and sending some acq back from the cloud)

1 Like

HI John
I would recommend you to use /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty
in the Edge action which manages ULPM

if True, it means that the Edge deice has nothing to send anymore

Note: this S&F empty should not be observed directly to the cloud but only used from Edge Actions since in will re-trigger itself indefinitely

Hi Augustin

Many thanks - the project requires that

• The data cycle is ULPM / Octave / ULPM
  • If possible, the data message should be sent immediately to the cloud
  • Only one message is sent per data cycle

Does /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty also work for Cloud Stream Observations?

Or should we implement using Store and Forward Observations? If that is the case how do I configure a Store and Forward Observation so that any new data is immediately sent to the cloud?

• Can an edge action be triggered by /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty ?
    • If so is the edge action always triggered following a change to cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty ?

Hello John,

Does /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty also work for Cloud Stream Observations? => Yes

Can an edge action be triggered by /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty ?

• If so is the edge action always triggered following a change to cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty ?
    => Yes

Hi Augustin

Thanks for the information.

I forgot an important question.

1. /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty is empty
  2. An Edge action writes to an edge resource
  3. The Edge resource observation triggers edge β†’ cloud Stream write

Assuming that everything is working correctly ( good IP link etc)

An edge observation on /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty will trigger when the cloud Stream write has completed?

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
β€œAn edge observation on /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty will trigger when the cloud Stream write has completed?”

=> Yes

Note: One thing that should not be done is to oberve /cloudInterface/store_forward/storage_empty directly to the cloud which will basically retrigger itself indefinitely