MC8795V Voice Call problem

Hello,

I am trying to make a phone call with a MC8795V to no avail. The modem is in direct ip mode. When I issue a “atd” command I receive okey but nothing happens. I made a list of the commands below. I would be most happy if you can guide me in troubleshooting this problem

at+cpin?
at+cpin?

+CPIN: READY
OK

at+creg?
at+creg?
+CREG: 0,1
OK

at+cops?
at+cops?

+COPS: 0,0,“TURKCELL”,2
OK

atd054335162; (Note that I omitted the last 2 digits)
atd054335162;

OK
OK

I also tried calling from an other phone to the modem, I can see the “ringing” message but when I issue an ATA command to answer it, the connection automatically hangs up

at!swicallprog =1
at!swicallprog =1
ok

RING

!SWICALLPROG: 1,1,4,0,0,“054335162”,128

RING

ata;
ata;

OK

At this point, the connection automatically hangs up. Can you please guide me about this problem?
Thanks a lot for your time
rifo

Hi,

That’s strange. I tested with FW K2_0_7_30AP successfully. What FW are you using?

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your response. I have checked my firmware number. It’s K2_0_7_46CAP Do you think that I need an update?

at+gmr
at+gmr

K2_0_7_46CAP C:/WS/FW/K2_0_7_46CAP/MSM6290/SRC 2010/12/13 22:29:01

One more thing is, I don’t think this is the case but is it possible that I need a hardware specific arrangement so that voice calls are active.

Thanks a lot

Rifat Türsen

hardware specific means??

i just used MC standalone and checked… lemme check for any FW updates for you… or else, you can get the FW thru your distributor also…

Hello Alex,

By hardware specific, I was referring to any kind of external circuitry necessary for voice services. The thing is, I am only using MC8795 for data communication hence I don’t have any external circuitry regarding the voice communication. But recently a customer (for some reason) required that a SAR test (for voice services) should be done.
Anyway, since you used MC standalone, I guess that shouldn’t be a problem.

I would be most happy if you can check any FW updates because I am almost sure that it will take quite a long time if I go through my distributor.

Thanks a lot for your help:)

standalone means i did not use any external circuitary… well, is the issue happening with other service providers also or is it specific to one service provider… can u check the FW over here :

http://developer.sierrawireless.com/Resources.aspx#&&filter=Devices-eq-(4FF0DC94-950B-4D01-8E69-11A3616D3A74)

The software downloads section…

nd SAR test… umm… i dont have much idea about that… i have just issued the command what u did… but yes, for you it seems to be issue while receiving the call also… lets c if above FW works…

Please share the results!

nd yes… how would you communicate by voice… external circuitary is definitely neede… but first of all… let’s solve your issue with automatic hang up…

Can it not play recorded audio samples? Or do DTMF detection :question: