MC7455 Stuck in low power mode

I have an MC7455 that i’m trying to get working in a WE826-t2, the modem is recognized but only ever says connecting. I used a USB to PCIe on windows and after running various commands to figure out what’s going on it seems the issue is its stuck in low power mode. I’ve tried updating the firmware to the latest using generic as well as ATT firmware numerous times. Here is the string of commands i’ve issued and the results.
Send:ATI

Recieve: ATI
Recieve: Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated
Recieve: Model: MC7455
Recieve: Revision: SWI9X30C_02.33.03.00 r8209 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2019/08/28 20:59:30
Recieve: IMEI: 001027009999999
Recieve: IMEI SV: 20
Recieve: FSN: LQ818512830210
Recieve: +GCAP: +CGSM
Recieve: OK

Send:AT!PCINFO?

Recieve: AT!PCINFO?
Recieve: State: Low Power Mode
Recieve: LPM voters - Temp:0, Volt:0, User:0, W_DISABLE:0, IMSWITCH:1, BIOS:0, LWM2M:0, OMADM:0, FOTA:0
Recieve: LPM persistence - None

Send:AT!PRIID?

Recieve: AT!PRIID?
Recieve: PRI Part Number: Unknown
Recieve: Revision: Unknown
Recieve: Customer: Unknown
Recieve: Carrier PRI: None

Send:AT!ENTERCND=“A710”

Recieve: AT!ENTERCND=“A710”

Send:AT!PRIID?

Recieve: AT!PRIID?
Recieve: PRI Part Number: Unknown
Recieve: Revision: Unknown
Recieve: Customer: Unknown
Recieve: Carrier PRI: None

Send:AT!GOBIIMPREF?

Recieve: AT!GOBIIMPREF?
Recieve: !GOBIIMPREF:
Recieve: preferred fw version: 02.33.03.00
Recieve: preferred carrier name: GENERIC
Recieve: preferred config name: GENERIC_002.072_000
Recieve: preferred subpri index: 000
Recieve: current fw version: 02.33.03.00
Recieve: current carrier name:
Recieve: current config name:
Recieve: current subpri index: 000
Recieve: carrier name mismatch
Recieve: config name mismatch

I think the modem I have is an engineering sample, based on the appearance and some outside information I ran across. I’m in the process of trying to flash intermediate firmware, although I don’t know if having flashing the newest firmware initially will impede my efforts in any way.

The pri is not matched with FW, you can flash the FW again by exe

I’ve flashed various firmware’s at least 100 times and switched between them. I have all 4 carrier + generic firmware. installed no matter what I do the current firmware never matches the preferred firmware. I’m going to attempt a firmware flash in ubuntu. Working on creating a Linux boot now.

Flashed drivers in Linux and same thing. The flash seems to go fine but still get a blank response from current carrier and config name which results in carrier missmatch error.

Not quite sure why at! priid is blank…
Does AT! image command help?

I am also having the same problem. has anyone figured it out yet?

I am also having this issue. No matter what I flash to the card the current carrier name and current config name will not change and will always force the card into low power mode.

I faced the same issue with two cards.
Cards were purchased from a big distributor some years ago wearing an old firmware:
AT+GMR
SWI9X30C_02.11.03.22 r6782 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2016/08/24 15:18:59

They were working fine until I decided to update to latest firmware as I needed a certain feature.

After update,
AT+GMR
SWI9X30C_02.33.03.00 r8209 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2019/08/28 20:59:30

the module entered low power mode due to mismatch in carrier and config.

Although I have followed the official instructions to configure a valid image preference, the modules were stuck in LPM…

After spending many days and nights trying different things, different firmware, etc I have managed to revive both cards!

Here is what it worked for me:

#enable protected commands
AT!ENTERCND=“A710”

#unlock - In my case it worked. If not, probably you need to enter the engineering mode or try to skip it if you are lucky
AT!UNLOCK=“A710”
#set the preference as follows (to match your firmware)
AT!IMPREF=“02.33.03.00”,"",""
#reset for changes to take effect
AT!RESET

Both cards are now working but after every firmware update, I have to follow the same procedure to make them live… definitely not expected behavior, not documented and not sure why this is happening…

1 Like

AT!IMPREF=“02.33.03.00”,“”,“” is this the exact command you entered?? Or is this shortened for the purpose of posting here?

the exact… first parameter shall match the fw version… the rest are empty although it is not as per sierra user guide

Thanks for clarifying, unfortunately, whenever I try using that command with my firmware version, I keep getting “ERROR” as the response. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong…

Just an update…I finally got it to work. Turns out some of my spacing and punctuation was a little off. This is what worked for me: AT!IMPREF=“01.14.13.00”,“GENERIC”,“” Apparently the punctuation and spacing has to be perfect in order for the command to work. Thanks for your help!!

1 Like