MC7430 configuration

Hi,

What is the way to configure the MC7430 modem? - setup specific LTE bands, specific behavior, specific network.

Is it AT commands only? is the QMI api for that?

If we use Sierra RIL on Android, how can we configure modem with it?

Thanks,
Yossi

Yossi,

You can configure the unit for bands, network selection, etc through either AT commands or QMI API’s (would not recommend mixing them).

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/minicard/74xx/4117727-airprime-em74xx-mc74xx-at-command-reference/

If you are using the Android RIL then I would suggest AT commands as it would the be the cleanest thing opening a port to the unit and sending AT commands to it.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info.

Im using Sierra Ril V7.1.6 QMI, but the RIL also using AT commands over ttyUSB2 - so it occupied the port.

Do I need to add my configuration to RIL code? Can Sierra supply the RIL source code?

Thanks,
Yossi

@yosifish,

If you contact your channel then you can discuss with them about getting access to the Ril source code.

Regards

Matt

Hi, can you please provide a typical sequence of AT commands to set up a EM7455/7430 modem for cell data connection? I am using a AT&T or Verizon SIM card.

Ensure modem is registered (on AT&T or Verizon) and then give AT!SCACT=1 to start the data connection. The host’s network manager should setup the host network interfaces automatically or you can use dhclient to set up the interfaces.