MC7304 - how to switch off debug output?

We are using SDK SLQS03.02.03 on an embedded system with a Linux OS.
/var/log/messages is being completely filled with debug output from the SDK:

Oct 31 17:01:46 user.debug SWI SDK Process: USB read: bytes2read = 35, read 35 bytes
Oct 31 17:01:46 user.debug SWI SDK Process: QM:SDK<-Mdm Notif: ch/Msgid/Msglen/IPCmsglen: 1/0001/32/50
Oct 31 17:01:46 user.debug SWI SDK Process: QM:SDK<-Mdm Notif: ch/Msgid/Msglen/IPCmsglen: 3/0001/32/50
Oct 31 17:01:46 user.debug SWI SDK Process: QM:SDK<-Mdm Notif: ch/Msgid/Msglen/IPCmsglen: 5/0001/32/50

we get approximates 5 of these blocks written each second, which is causing performance issues.

How do I stop the SDK producing these? I have not switched on any ‘debug’ mode in the code at all.

bevis

Hi ,

Might be Debug option is enabled in GOBI drivers, which enable us to see QMI packets exchanged between Linux SDK and module.
So can disable it by using below mentioned :
$ cd /…/…/…/…/Driver/S2.25N2.36/ modprobe GobiSerial debug=N
$ cd /…/Driver/S2.25N2.36/GobiNet/ modprobe GobiNet debug=N

Thanks and Regards,
Rex

I did try that (with debug=N and debug=0), but to no avail.
The module versions we’re using are:
GobiNet 2014-04-15/SWI_2.24
GobiSerial 2014-04-15/SWI_2.18

bevis

Though actually I see the message is coming from the “slqssdk” binary (via “strings slqssdk”). Looking through the SDK header files, I can see nothing about switching debug on or off.
Is there some hidden command line option in slqssdk I need to set maybe?

bevis

The SDK logs via syslog. You should configure your syslog daemon to drop the debug messages.

Right, obvious in hindsight.

Putting a “user.debug -/dev/null” in syslog.conf has got rid of it, and helps the general performance, though it feels it’s just masking the problem since the SDK will still be sending vast amounts of debug data out to syslogd.