MC7304 force to use ipv4 only

How do I change MC7304 PDP type: ‘ipv4-or-ipv6’ to ‘ipv4’ only from qmicli command line?
Tried this but no luck… got error no option!

qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-modify-profile=3gpp,1,pdp-type=‘ipv4’

Thanks!

Are you using MC7430 instead of MC7403?

does this help?

my bad it’s MC7304 instead of MC7403… whats option should I use? didn’t work with below

qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-modify-profile=3gpp,1,pdp-type=‘ipv4’

have you tried this?

qmicli --device=/dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-proxy --wds-start-network="ip-type=4,apn=data.tre.se" --client-no-release-cid

No luck nothing changed

how about this?

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-modify-profile=“3gpp,1,apn=internet,pdp-type=IPV4V6”

OR

qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-modify-profile=“3gpp,1,apn=internet,pdp-type=IP”

I got option error, looks like didn’t work with “–wds-modify-profile” but work fine if “–wds-get-profile-list=3gpp”

I don’t have MC7304, but I don’t see problem with MC7430

owner@ubuntu:~$ sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-modify-profile="3gpp,1,apn=internet,pdp-type=IP"
Profile successfully modified.
owner@ubuntu:~$ sudo qmicli --version

qmicli 1.22.0
Copyright (C) 2012-2019 Aleksander Morgado
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

at+cgdcont?                                                                     
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","internet","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0                                   

OK                                                                              
ati3                                                                            
Manufacturer: Sierra Wireless, Incorporated                                     
Model: MC7430                                                                   
Revision: SWI9X30C_02.33.03.00 r8209 CARMD-EV-FRMWR2 2019/08/28 20:59:30        
MEID: 35907406012345                                                            
IMEI: 359074060012345                                                           
IMEI SV: 20                                                                     
FSN: LU626300112345                                                            
+GCAP: +CGSM                                                                    

OK

Yeah, I don’t have problem with MC7455 as well… may have to figure out howto run AT command line

Many thanks for your help jyijyi

@jyijyi - any thoughts? Thanks!

root ~# qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-modify-profile=3gpp,1,pdp_type=IPV4
error: Unknown option --wds-modify-profile=3gpp,1,pdp_type=IPV4
root ~# qmicli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-modify-profile=3gpp,1,apn=‘mmsbouygtel.com
error: Unknown option --wds-modify-profile=3gpp,1,apn=mmsbouygtel.com

root ~# qmicli --version
qmicli 1.12.6
Copyright (C) 2015 Aleksander Morgado
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later GNU General Public License v2.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

root ~# qmicli --device=/dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-proxy --wds-start-network=“ip-type=4,apn=test” --client-no-release-cid
error: couldn’t start network: QMI protocol error (14): ‘CallFailed’
call end reason (12): (NULL)
verbose call end reason (2,201): [internal] error
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Client ID not released:
Service: ‘wds’
CID: ‘17’

root ~# qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --wds-get-profile-list=3gpp
Profile list retrieved:
[1] 3gpp - profile1
APN: ‘ip-type=4’
PDP type: ‘ipv4-or-ipv6’
Auth: ‘none’

Does it work with mc74xx with same sim card?
Have you checked AT!GSTATUS? to see if module registers network before starting the data establishment?
Is it really true that “test” is the APN of your sim card?

Yes , it works with MC7455, changed apn=Broadband (ATT SIM CARD) didn’t work as well…

qmicli --device=/dev/cdc-wdm0 --device-open-proxy --wds-start-network=“ip-type=4,apn=data.tre.se” --client-no-release-cid

didnot change pdp_type but apn… other option that I can use for qmicli… unable to use AT cmd
qmicli 1.12.6 limitation?

what do you mean by “cannot use AT command”?
Do you have /dev/ttyUSB2 port?

Is that you must use qmicli for data establishment?
You can see other user’s qmicli log on MC7354:

Nope, not me… I simply want to use qmicli commandline to change PDP type: ‘ipv4-or-ipv6’ to PDP type: ‘ipv4’ on MC7304, if possible

[1] 3gpp -
APN: ‘mobiledata’
PDP type: ‘ipv4-or-ipv6’
Auth: 'none

if I can find /dev/ttyUSB2 port… can you please help me with howto to change to ipv4?

you can use AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“mobiledata”

how do I run it from linux cmdlines AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“mobiledata”

In Ubuntu PC, I used minicom to open the port /dev/ttyUSB2 and then type the AT command