Make a voice call and Result Code

I want to know why when I make a call with the ATD command. The modem does not return the results of the progress of the call.

OK If successfully connected
CONNECT Connection has been established
RING The DCE has detected an incoming call signal from the network
NO CARRIER The connection cannot be established
BUSY Engaged (busy) signal detected
NO ANSWER If no hang up is detected after a fixed network timeout
CONNECT Same as CONNECT but includes the data rate
RING CTM The MS has detected an incoming CTM call signal from the network;
this code is proprietary
CONNECT FAX Same as CONNECT but includes the indication related to a fax call

Of these, only the modem returns OK (this only guarantees that it will make the call), NO CARRIER (when the call is cut off or the person is busy on another call) and RING (when a call comes in)

Why does CONNECT not return me, which should be when a person answers the call.

Hi josev01,

What module type and firmware version are you using?

Hi Donald, I am using the HL7688 and the FW version is: RHL7688.A.2.13.1.0.151600.201802271603.x7160_1

Hi josev01,

CONNECT is returned with a data call. It is not returned with a voice call on HL7688.

ATD*99***1#
CONNECT

Hi Donald,

is there any way to know when the remote answers the voice call? This is important to finish the development of an alarm equipment that is based on the HL7688. Thank you

@josev01

So the shgort answer is that no it does not look like thereis a way to do this, when we have had this capability in the past it was also dependent on the messages that the network pushed back to us.

With regards finishing a given design on the HL7688, the unit is quite old now (note on the source it is under the section ‘Supported for existing designs’ and not ‘Recommended for new designs’) so I might suggest you actually look at the RC76 which is the units successor (you can’t do what you are asking on this unit either).

Regards

Matt

In conclusion, with No Module of the HL, RC, WP series is it possible to have control and feedback of a voice call?

@josev01

With the WP’s I believe that you can do something like that although you would need to test it against the network you want to deploy it with and also whether it works across CS and VoLTE but you can enable the +WANS unsolicited response through the at+wuslmsk command.

Regards

Matt

The absence of a “CONNECT” response when the call is answered is indeed puzzling. Have you checked the command syntax and ensured compatibility with your modem model? Sometimes tweaking the command format might help.

Also, consider checking your modem’s documentation or reaching out to the manufacturer’s support for specific insights. They might have updates or patches that address this specific glitch.

By the way, have you tried troubleshooting it with your modem’s technical support? They could provide tailored advice and maybe shed light on any potential bug fixes.