Loss of communication of 3 4 seconds with RV55 LTA PRO

Hello
I’m facing with the following issue.
I have a windows PC connected to Internet through a RV55 router with a pubblic ip. Sending continuous ping from a different pc with Windows OS as well with a pace of 1 second several times a loss of communication of 3 or 4 seconds is observed.
Since I have to test the communication with a private protocol (cyclic protocol where data are sent each 500 ms)between two nodes characterized by the following architecture:

• Node A connected to Internet through fiber with a public IP
  • Node B connected to Internet through RV55 LTA PRO router with a public IP

I would to understad which can be the root cause of this loss of communication which triggers a misalignment between the two node due to the normalization of the protocol.
Which can be the cause?
Thanks for any suggestions

Hi @pasquale-manuele.gri
Welcome you to our community!
Could you please share with me some information as below:

1. What firmware version is your RV55 running?
  2. Which interface of RV55 that you are connect to Windows PC? USB or Ethernet?

Thanks,

Good Morning
and thanks for the answer.

1. I have installed the last Firmware version available: EM7565_01.14.02.00_SIERRA_002.023_001.iso
  2. Connection between Router and WinOS PC established with ETH cable

Thanks

Hi @pasquale-manuele.gri ,
To rule out the issue caused by your Windows PC, please try connecting your RV55 to another Windows PC.
Do the issue still happen in this case?

Thanks,

Hi
I have tried either connecting the router with different PC with Windows OS or using a second RV55 LTA PRO device since due to our activities we have bought 7 of them for the time being. Could the problem be linked to:

• ethernet interface (today I will try to perform a test with usb connection)
  • specific sw configuration on the device

tthanks

According to your previous comment, the issue didn’t happen when you using another PC Windows, right ?

Thanks,

Hello
I apologies to forget to mention that same issue has been observed also changing Windows PC

According to Release Notes 4.15.3 I found that to achieve optimal uplink performance with Windows PC an up-to-date Ethernet driver is required as shown below:

Please refer to this information, Do the issue still happen in this case?
For the RV55 Hardware User Guide refer to this link: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/hardware_reference_docs/airlink_rv55_userguide/#sthash.dWDegweS.dpbs

Thanks,

Hello
sorry for the answering delay but i was in vacation.
Unfortunately tests have been conducted with all eth drivers updated meaninng that the periodic gap of communication has been experinced even with eth drivers updated :