Logging traces without Developer Studio

Hi, I need to continue developing some OpenAT application for FXT009 modems, but while I am doing this I am running a long term test on an existing FXT009 modem and FW. Is it possible to log traces from the modem (like one can do in Developer Studio) without using Developer Studio? There use to be a tool called TMT I believe, but that seems to be discontinued. Developer Studio does not seem to like have two instances open at the same time (it complains about the work space)…

Does anyone have some advise?

Thanks,

Karl

I see two solutions to your use case:

• In the target management perspective, it is possible to have several connections opened at the same time! Just use the checkboxes in the device view in order to switch the “active” connection (i.e. the one on which are plugged all the views). But even if a connection is unchecked, background operations (like trace logging) can continue to run. You can even duplicate the views if you want to have several instances of them on different devices.
  • if you prefer, you can have several Developer Studio instances opened at the same time, but they will need to work on different workspaces

Thank you for your reply daav. That would work. What I have done instead though is to forfeit the OpenAT traces and create an at command for having all of my traces sent to the serial port and I can log it from there…

This has provided what I needed for now. If I get a more elusive bug, I might need to switch to Developer Studio.

Thanks,

Karl