IO config inconsistency

I have just updated to FX30 Octave 3.0.2 and also added an extra digital output (named SupplyExtIO on IO3). At some point in the process the shown IO resources has stopped matching the shown configuration in the web interface. The command “dhub list” shows the mismatch as well including the “green” and “red” outputs that I removed days ago. Also there is a warning “WARNING: unsatisfied mandatory output” which may be the explanation but what mandatory output is it talking about?

Here’s the IO configuration:

And the resulting resources (after the changes were synced to the device):

And here is the output dhub list:
dhublist.txt (18.7 KB)

Hi,

Your IO configuration is being rejected because of an error in the entry for “EXT_IO3_DO”:
{"res":"SupplyExtIO","name":"EXT_IO3_DO","drv":"open-drain","type":"DO"}

The problem is with the element: "drv":"open-drain". While the output stage of EXT_IO3_DO hardware is an open drain configuration, as described in the PTS, the digital output to control it is push-pull.

This is a known issue which occurs when the UI builds the configuration JSON through the Services menu. It is in the process of being fixed.

As a workaround, you can edit the structure at /io/config in the Resources view to change it to push-pull. Save your changes after editing:
{"res":"SupplyExtIO","name":"EXT_IO3_DO","drv":"push-pull","type":"DO"}

Thanks,
Ian

Thanks Ian, that did the trick.

By the way, do you have a list of these known issues somewhere accessible?
Regards
Jes

Hi Jes,

I don’t know of a public list of known issues for the UI. This change would appear in the release notes when fixed, but of course that doesn’t help you.

Ian