Invalid Cloud Action Destination

Hi,
I’m using a FX30 with an IoT expansion module connected to UART2.
I’d like to send a byte to the IoT module at power-on. I’ve configured a Cloud Action with source “/company/devices/device/:inbox”.
The code I use is:

function (event) {
  var deviceAction = event.elems.action;
  var output = {};
  var command_path = "/company/devices/device/:command";

if (deviceAction == "POWER_ON") {
    output[command_path] = [
      {
        elems: {
          "/usp/uart2/write": {
            "data": [90],
          },
        },
      },
    ];
    return output;
  }
}

When I run the simulator it returns what I expected but, when it is executed at power-on, I get the error “Invalid Cloud Action Destination”.
I don’t know the cause of this error. The path to send commands is as indicated here: https://docs.octave.dev/docs/creating-a-cloud-action

Hello Carles,

In your code, var command_path = “/company/devices/device/:command”;

replace company with the actual name of your company.

You can get this from your incoming event with this code:

var octave_account = event.path.split("/")[1];

or you can hard code the company name by changing

var command_path = “/company/devices/device/:command”;
to
var command_path = “/carkes_company_name/devices/device/:command”;

where carkes_company_name = to your actual octave account name

Hello David,

In fact, where it says “company” I use the company name and at “device” I use the device name. I tried to change the code to:

function (event) {
  var deviceAction = event.elems.action;
  var output = {};
  var deviceId = event.path.split("/")[3];
  var companyId = event.path.split("/")[1];
  var command_path = "/" + companyId.toLowerCase() + "/devices/" + deviceId.toLowerCase() + "/:command";

if (deviceAction == "POWER_ON") {
    output[command_path] = [
      {
        elems: {
          "/usp/uart2/write": {
            "data": [90],
          },
        },
      },
    ];
    return output;
  }
}

But I keep getting the same error.

Hello Carles,

Can you provide me the first 4 or 5 letters of you company name? I can take a closer look at this.

Probably not the issue but I would change
from
“data”: [90],
to
“data”: [90]

The company name I use is sterna_innovation_projects
The full path would be /sterna_innovation_projects/devices/gateway1/:command

Hi Carles,

I was testing your cloud action. I made some minor changes to test it and will remove them when done.

I could not get the cloud action to add anything into the /:command stream. Could you turn on the device ? so I can test further?

Hi David,

I just turned on my device.
I’m keeping it powered so you can test freely.

Many thanks Carles, I will update you.

Hi Carles,

For some reason, in your account, I cannot write to any stream from a cloud action, I took your same code, moved it into my test account and it works perfectly. In your account via the User Interface I can add JSON into streams as expected. I checked all permissions and cannot explain this. nor have I ever seen this issue before. I am creating a JIRA ticket for our engineering team to find what the root cause is. They will pick up this ticket tonight (CST) and I should get an answer tomorrow. You could create a new Octave account and move your device into the new account if you cannot wait. I can assist you with moving your work from your current account to a new account.

I will update you in the morning with any news.

Hi David,

Have you got an answer from the engineering team?
If it cannot be solved, I will create a new account and ask for help to move the device to the new account. I guess I could remove it from the first account and create it in the other, but if it can be moved I’d rather do it to ensure I have the same configurations.

Hi David,

I tried using another user and another company but I keep getting the same error.
I will try different methods to implement the functionality if there is no solution from the engineering team.