How to use SL808X as usb modem

Hi,

I want to connect up my window7 PC to embedded module SL8082 using USB modem. my pc device manager have detect “Siierra Wireless HSPA Network Adapter” on my device manager.

How am i connect up to internet?

Thank you

Hi,

There are a couple of ways you can do this,I am assuming you just want to dial up using the windows stack.

Watcher
You can download the watcher tool and install it. When the unit is plugged in it will automatically be detected which you will see in the tool. You need o set a profile of the operator that you are using, once you have done this you can just hit the connect button.

Using AT commands
assuming you have the correct drivers installed on your system you can use AT commands to create a session and make it appear to windows as an Ethernet connection. The below command set shows how to set up the APN and then start and stop a session.

at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","PAYANDGO.O2.CO.UK",,0,0

OK
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","orangeinternet"
OK
at!scact=1,1
OK
at!scact=0,1
OK

Attached is a file showing the IP config of the PC after the at!scact=1,1 command has completed correctly (at which point it is connected and you are able to connect to any IP address) and then after the at!scact=0,1 command has shut the session down.

Regards

Matt
IPconfig.txt (2.47 KB)

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the detail step for AT command connection :slight_smile: Does this method apply on other non window device or linux platform which need internet access?

btw do you know where the URL link for the watcher tool? i not able to find it from the resources zone.

Thank you very much
yongyew