How to enable handle value notification for a characteristics in BLE

@mlw,

Hi Matt,

How to enable handle value notification for a characteristics in BLE?

Regards,
Manish

@manish,

You are going to need to give me a bit than that to be able to answer something.

Regards

Matt

I established a BLE connection between BC127 and a development board. Where I am able to discover the GATT services and characteristics. Now I want to enable handle value notification for a characteristics. I didn’t find the related command in melody manual.

So what command I need to send to enable handle value notification for a characteristics?

Thanks,
Manish

@manish,

You are going to need to give me a log of where you have got to and then ask the questions about what you want to do.

Regards

Matt

@mlw ,

HI Matt,

This is a general question, will try to frame it in a different way here. You might be already aware that in a Bluetooth GATT Server there are many attributes and they are grouped into services, each of which can contain zero or more characteristics. These characteristics, in turn, can include zero or more descriptors. I wanted to how we can get a handle to these descriptors to read/write.

The mechanism to enable notifications is to set the NOTIFICATION ENABLE Flag on one of the descriptor and make a call like writeDescriptor(value).

Please share how do we get handles to descriptors inside the characteristics
Please share how do we write values to these descriptors

Please send a response if you have understood my query.

Regards
Manish

@mlw,

Are you waiting for inputs from my side?

Thanks,
Manish