How to connect to EM7455 Cellular Modem from ubuntu server

How to connect to EM7455 Cellular Modem from a Ubuntu server. I can’t use putty as it is a server machine. Any suggestions ?

If you are trying to start a data session, you can use qmicli or MBPL lite-qmi-connection-manager Mobile Broadband Package for Linux (SDK, Drivers, Documentation).

If that’s not what you are looking for, can you please explain a bit more about what you are trying to do. Thanks.

I have one OnLogic device ( ubuntu server) and an EM7455 modem is installed in it. I am trying to configure the modem with AT commands. I was not able to connect using putty as it doesn’t have a GUI. But I found I can use minicom to use for that. However, after sudo minicom -s, and connecting to /dev/ttyUSB2, I am getting response to a few commands like ate1. but when I tried AT!CUSTOM=”UIM2ENABLE”,0 it does not output anything and hangs/ I can exit from minicom.

Please disable and remove modemmanager. It can hold on to the AT port and cause issues.

Does AT!CUSTOM? provide a response? If yes, try executing AT!ENTERCND=“A710” first and then AT!CUSTOM=“UIM2ENABLE”,0. In the AT guide, commands they require a password will be noted as “Password required: Yes”

Yeah, that went well. However, the commands mentioned in onlogic manual (https://static.onlogic.com/resources/manuals/onlogic-nwk200-product-manual-120418.pdf)are with modemmanager. I am not sure how to check the status, configure apn and SIM status using minicom or do I need to install modem manager again to configure this ? If you have any guide on using mimicom to configure em7455, then that would be ideal.