How Do I get a LX60 Listen on Multiple Interfaces?

Hello,

Setting up a LX60 to be installed remotely, specifically for the reverse telnet/SSH serial port function…

The issue I am having with it is that the server only seems to listen on one interface at a time.

If I have Ethernet (WAN) setup and cellular, I can use one or the other, but not both, there is simply no response from the one not working.

I am expecting to be able to connect to any IP address the device has.

If connected to the console port of the remote router, I expect to be able to connect to the Ethernet WAN IP of the LX60 to get access to the router console. If the network is down, I expect to be able to connect to the cellular IP… The ‘WAN’ might still be ‘up’ even if I can’t connect to the IP.

Am I missing a setting for it to listen on all interfaces at the same time? Is there a way to get a root shell on the LX60?

Hi kevinds,

You can configure interface priority plus monitoring.
Highest Priority = Ethernet
Second Priority = Cellular
If the gateway receives a response to a ping sent over the Ethernet WAN network, it uses the Ethernet WAN interface. If the gateway does not receive a response to a ping sent over the Ethernet WAN, it attempts to connect to the cellular network.

Please refer to pages 72 to 75 in AirLink LX60 Series Software Configuration Guide for more details.

You can configure Telnet or SSH protocol to connect to the LX60 gateway.
Go to ACEmanager-> Services->AT (Telnet/SSH).

You can configure interface priority plus monitoring.
Highest Priority = Ethernet
Second Priority = Cellular

Yes, but I want it to listen on all interfaces, all the time. I’m hoping the LX60 will use the Priority list for it’s outgoing traffic.

You can configure Telnet or SSH protocol to connect to the LX60 gateway.
Go to ACEmanager-> Services->AT (Telnet/SSH).

This gets me some sort of limited shell that lets me enter AT commands, is there something I enter to get to a root shell that I may have missed in the manuals?

Hi kevinds,

It can only listen on one interface at a time.

No, there is not.