How can I enable the TX_ON indicator of WP8548?

How can I enable the TX_ON indicator of WP8548?

LChing,

Tx_on indicator is on by default what you need to understand though is that it only operates when on 2G, when on 3G, because of the modulation scheme, the current consumption/transmission is constant.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt

You mean the TX_ON should be default enable and support 2G only. Right?
Are WP8548 support 2G?

If yes, I want to see the relationship of TX_ON with ANT_CNTLx(antenna select pin) in 2G.
I try before, but not success.

Please help me to do that.

BR

There is no relationship with antenna control on 2G. You have one antenna (because it is 4 bands max), antenna control is really only employed in LTE because some of the bands encroach on WiFi frequencies.

Regards

Matt

Matt

Why no relationship with antenna control on 2G? Is it mention in PTS? Please share your information for our customer.

In technical point of view, the antenna control is support for LTE. Why except 2G haven’t this feature?

This module support several band(B1, B2, B5, B6, B8, B19). They are belong different frequency range.
One antenna is very difficult to satisfy radiation performance for all band.
Like smart phone/ tablet design in market, they all build in more than one antenna. In some products, they have three antennas for best performance. Of cause, there are necessary RF switch to split of RF port of modem to antenna. The antenna control pin is used to control this external RF switch.

For example using FOUR individual antennas for four bands(include GSM900 & DCS1800), that mean there having four individual single band radio to obtain BEST radiation performance.

Matt

Do you have any news share to me?

BR

LChing,

Done some other testing for another customer and the short answer is that I am reasonably sure that this is non functional on the WPx5xx. I have tested on WP76 and all of the HL devices and it works (I tested on 2G and LTE) and the Tx line is active (albeit not entirely accurate on LTE because of the agility of the bearer.

Regards

Matt

Matt

Thanks for your support.