HL8548 i2c/gpio pin configuration loss

We use the following commands to set the state of GPIO pins to enable the use of the I2C (in fact we don’t use the I2C bus to this module, but the default configuration inhibits the use of the bus by any other peripheral. We run these commands as part of the initial configuration in production, the configuration is then stored and we can confirm that a power cycle of the module does not reset the setting.

However, We have now seen the these settings being set back to default, after a firmware upgrade and sometimes it seems they are reset completely randomly. We have a work around to always configure these pins at boot, but we need to understand why these configuration pins are loosing there settings. Can you help please?

AT+KGPIOCFG=1,1,1 // Set GPIO 1 to input and Pull up - required for I2C-2 operation
AT+KGPIOCFG=5,1,1 // Set GPIO 5 to input and Pull up - required for I2C-2 operation

Thanks in advance

Hi phall_69,

Normally, the +KGPIOCFG configuration pins will not be lost after an upgrade or reboot.

The possible reason is GPIOs may already be used by other functions such as SIM detection, I2C, jamming detection, temperature monitoring, GSM antenna detection, GNSS antenna detection, or network status indication features. Related commands such +KSIMDET, +KSIMSEL, +KSYNC, +KJAM, +GSMAD, +GNSSAD, and +KTEMPMON. Or do you ever use debug command of AT+NVRST=2?

When you say “after a firmware upgrade and sometimes it seems they are reset completely randomly”, could you provide more information? Which FW you upgrade from and to? Is it happens 100%?Could provide me your full AT logs(including ATI3/AT+KGSN=2/AT+KGSN=3)/AT+EXCEPT) and let me know the way to reproduce?