HL8518 Looking for RF Power Tables

Hi,

Using AT command AT : + WMTXPOWER= [,, , <POWER_ LEVEL>] [, ]
for test purpose, that command supports <POWER_LEVEL> parameter.
For each available band, parameter min-max authorized values are mentioned in datasheet with corresponding RF output dBm level…

I am missing tables for between min and max parameter values with corresponding RF output dBm level.
Anyone who would know where I could find such tables ?

Thanks.

Hi,

So looking in the HL8548 command manual (haven’t specifically checked the HL8518 one it states the below

<POWER_LEVEL> Tx burst power. This is a mandatory
parameter if =1, but is not allowed if =0.
For GSM:
If =850 or =900, 5 (33 dBm) to 19 (5 dBm)
If =1800 or =1900, 0 (30 dBm) to 15 (0 dBm)
For UMTS:
For all s, 0 (23 dBm) to 73 (-50 dBm)

So you can easily build a table i.e. GSM bnd 1800 0=30dBm to 15=0dBm effectively meaning that every increment you are looking at a 2dBm change. For UMTS its 1dBm per increment.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

HL 8518 manual states the exactly the same as HL8548.
Of course I had the same idea as you have to build my own tables.

What I am looking for is something official from Sierra with precision mentioned for each level.
Should be a part of the component specs.
Equipment qualification purposes.

On my way form ticketing them.

Regards.

Jean Pierre,

No there isn’t a table that we have generically available, if you want this then you will need to push it through your channel/FAE. Generally customers do not want/need a table because it is designed for production test and the max value is used to test everything out as fast as possible.

Note the command should not be used to perform certification testing because you will experience issues given that the unit is not being used in the way it will be operationally.

Regards

Matt

Thanks Matt,

Even that kind of datas are not much in use in production, that should be a part of datasheets to complete product specification.
If I sell you an attenuation function but keep on my side step value and precision, I guess you could be a little disappointed.

Regards.

@jpair,

If this level of precision information is important to you then push back into your FAE/distributor to get it and I sure they will do so but the command really is just designed for production to test using a power meter for the antenna connection.

If you want to perform precise power measurements of the unit then it has to be done against a network simulator such as a CMW 500, anything else is just not realisitic as you are not operating the unit as it is designed to be used.

Regards

Matt