HL7800 Firmware images

Is there a place where i can find the Firmware images that are on the devices when they are shipped?
i believe they were version 1.7.14 .

I had a working setup using this firmware but after upgrading to 2.3.1 or 2.5.1 i encountered some problems and would like to go back to the original firmware to confirm the code before i start debugging.

Is there a place with all the images and maybe some release notes detailing the differences between versions ?

Best regards,
Nicky

Hello Nicky,

I think that you can find former firmware on the sierra wireless

website (part : ressource)

Best regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas.
That was the first place where i looked.
And for most other modules there are indeed firmware images.
But for the HL7800 i can not find anything
on the device page nor by searching for the model number under resources.

HI @slenders,
1.7.x firmware baseline is quite old and no longer supported. I would recommend to stay with latest 2.5.x baseline. If you are having issues with 2.5.x baseline, please report them and Sierra team can try to help.
Where do you get your firmware releases from?

we received our modules with FW 1.7.14 on the reel.
Our client provided us with FW versions 2.3.1 , 2.5.1 and 1.7.12

Im using the Devkit 5303247 rev4 . connected wit a coax to a CMW500 Radio tester. together with a test sim

the virgin module works .
if i upgrade it to 2.3 or 2.5 the module tries to attach, i get a signaling failure on my cmw and the UE disconnects.
I dont have the original FW. But if i downgrade this module to 1.7.12. I again get a working connection.

i have attached a log with detailed FW versions if it helps.
Do have any idea wat can cause this behaviour? any commands i can use to further investigate this?

fw_tests.txt (3.7 KB)

Hi @slenders,

Thank you. I looked at the log. Looks like you are trying to connect to Band 2. I would recommend two steps:

1. Upgrade from 1.7.x to 2.3.1
  2. Upgrade from 2.3.1 to 2.5.1

Now give it a try and let us know. Please do not use AT+COPS=0 command. UE should be set to auto-registration anyways.

If it fails, does the UE camp on any other supported LTE band?

Secondly, please capture the output of these commands:
AT+COPS?
AT+CEREG?
AT+KCARRIERCFG?
AT+KBNDCFG?
AT+KBND?
ATI9
AT+KGSN=3

Thank you.
I have also attached CMW500 setup that we are using internally in our tests.
CMW500-Setup_CATM1.docx (774.1 KB)