Hello! I am using a HL7588 modem over Serial UART , 115200 baud (firmware RHL75xx.V.3.15.151600.201802071640.x7160_1) . I’ve noticed I’m having particularly slow configuration and responses over the uart. Each AT command is taking quite a while for configuration and to receive a response. For instance, these following timing for AT commands is common place:
AT+KUDPCFG: 112-285+ ms
With these timings, it can take me over 400ms just to get the UDP overhead accomplished (plus the actual transmit time for the data I’m sending).
- is this normal, or did I get a defective modem?
- how can I speed this up over serial?
I’m using as Teensy 3.6 to configure the modem. I need to use a small embedded device upstream of the modem, so that rules out adding PPP etc over USB. Is there a way to optimize this so I can send a single packet in less than 1/2 of a second over UART?
Things I’ve tried:
- I am using hardware control flow.
- I tried setting up “warm” UDP contexts so I could cut out the KUDPCFG overhead, but to send to another context, I still have to close the previously used context.
- I’ve adjusted the baud rates to higher rates in common between the Teensy and Modem. However, this only shaved a couple (less than 10) ms off total times.
Any insight or recommendations from anyone would be greatly appreciated!