GUI Integration with OpenAT

Hi folks,
We are using Wavecom’s new 24 series CPU for our application development.
I’ve couple of queries.
Could anyone please HELP me.

Query:
I want to develop my own GUI on desktop using Java as a frontend for the user interface.
How to integrate my GUI with the OpenAT software?
Ex: I’ll create 1 main menu. Inside that i’ll develop my own buttons, scrollbars, checkbox, etc.
If i click on any button (send button), my GUI should invoke OpenAT event
for the processing.
Its like external keyboard interface to Open AT software.

Could anyone please provide some insight into this.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Mukund

Hi Mukund,

in the target application in the module you could “subscribe” to AT commands (see adl_atCmdSubscribe() function in the OpenAT ADL User Guide). Then a function you defined and specified in the adl_atCmdSubscribe() call will be called every time the modem receives the AT command on for example UART1. Then send this AT command from your GUI application to the port to which the modem is connected.

Best Regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your reply.
I’ve another query based on your reply.

My frontend application(GUI) is wriiten in Java.
Now i have to subscribe to adl function which is in C.
Is it possible to invoke adl C function to subscribe from java code?
Could you please help me.

Thanks,
Mukund

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your reply.
I’ve another query based on your reply.

My frontend application(GUI) is wriiten in Java.
Now i have to subscribe to adl function which is in C.
Is it possible to invoke adl C function to subscribe from java code?
Could you please help me.

Thanks,
Mukund

Hi Mukund,

no it’s not possible. These are 2 separate programs. One is running in the modem (you can only use C there) and the other one is running on the PC. You cannot call functions on the target platform directly from PC.

Best Regards,
Jan

Hi Jan,
My GUI menu is on Linux Desktop,
Then, how keyboard events like (click button, send button) events are handled in the OpenAT software.
That means can’t we have our own GUI which triggers the AT commands in the backend(OpenAT).

Thanks,
Mukund

The program in the module (which I think you call OpenAT software) does not see any PC events. So when the PC application receives an event you will need to send an AT command to the module.

It is not posible to call an OpenAT adl function from Java directly. That was my point before, and I thought this was the questions you asked.

Hi Jan,
Thanks a lot for your valuable input.
I got the answer.

Jan, i’ve another query and its generic.
If you have any input could you please let me know.

Query:

We are developing some application for Mobile handset on Linux platform.
I want to know the complete protocol stack in the handset.
I,e How VoIP, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, WAP stacks are integrated on top of GSM stack (Layered approach)
It would be of great help if you can provide some insight on complete integrated protocol stack.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mukund