GSM Multiple Registrations

Hi to all!, i want to share this usefull info with you. When you do a GSM registration and your using r74 or r74a firmware version you probably get the +CREG:x,1, (well of course you can ask for it if you send the at+creg? command), in that precise moment your are registered to the gsm net. Thats not news!, but when the CPU changes the gsm CELL you recieve another +CREG:x,1, this means that you have a new CELL but still registered!, you dont have to register again. Its a common mistake trying to re-register the gsm service when the CPU has this behaviour.

Well, that was all!.

Nicolas.

Isn’t that only if you’ve requested AT+CREG=2 to give you the +CREG: ,, indications?

Clearly, when the cell changes, the , changes - and so another +CREG: indication will be given. This has always been the behaviour.

Hi ,
I’m using TCP client sample code provided in the open AT for Q2686 module,

Its ran well on the evaluation board then I put the module and sim to my own designed board ,
After putting there its not registering to the network, its keep on polling at the poll_creg_callback function . I checked the sim connection, Gnd antenna connection, all are correct and as per the reference board.
I’m using airtel service provider.

Pls help me to solve this problem.

regards
ravee

raveesa - don’t hijack threads with unrelated posts!

Start a new thread for your new issue…