What CANOpen IoT Card is supported and where can I purchase it?
What is CANOpen?
What Octave supports and what are the limitations for CANOpen with Octave?
Octave support for CANOpen can:
- Sniff PDOs and SDOs. See below
- Per node (device on the bus) sending read request via expedited SDO only.
- One resource per node.
- Polling period for sending device information to the cloud in seconds.
- All CANOpen bitrates are supported in theory, Currently, tests up to 500k are successful but bitrates up to 750K and 1Mb should work.
Octave CANOpen Limitations, does NOT support:
- Custom user types. (non CANOpen standard PDO, SDO types)
- Type > 48 bits, i.e. (un)signed 48 56 and 64
- String types
- SDO read request using segmented SDO
PDO explanation→ https://www.can-cia.org/can-knowledge/canopen/pdo-protocol/
SDO explanation → https://www.can-cia.org/can-knowledge/canopen/sdo-protocol/
CANOpen bitrate (baudrate) explanation → https://www.can-cia.org/can-knowledge/canopen/canopen-lower-layers/