EM7565 Yocto Image

Hi,

Is there a Yocto image for the EM7565? I do see in the log of Yocto builds that there are actual patches added,
6ab3d87ad702 USB: serial: qcserial: add Sierra Wireless EM7565
8baa58c5d536 net: qmi_wwan: add Sierra EM7565 1199:9091

but can someone help me in adding these to my Yocto project? How do I get the .bb (BitBake) files for the Software SDK of the EM7565?

I believe I am attempting the same thing. We have switched to the EM7565 module on an existing project that builds a Yocto Linux image running on an NXP i.MX6q. We have downloaded the QMI drivers and API from SW support site and have successfully compiled them on an Ubuntu 18.x development host. We would like to move the build into Yocto. I have spent some time searching here and elsewhere and it seems there are some layers (meta-swi-*) and recipes for SW products, but I haven’t been able to find a specific recipe for the EM7656. I feel like I am just looking in the wrong places.

Thanks!

Grace

To be a little more specific, we are trying to build the SW GobiNet and GobiSerial, and API modules. The build output from the OP looks like it may be the qmi mainline support.

Grace

Hi Grace,

Were you able to figure out how to build EM7565 Module in Yocto. We are also using imx8 platform and trying to build module in yocto. If you have any suggestion, please let us know.

Thanks,
Shf

Hi Shf,

It took a while to figure out a method, but eventually yes we were able to build the Gobi* drivers under yocto. We were also able to customize and rebuild the libraries and ConnectionManager app using a standalone SDK toolchain generated from the same yocto
build system. I am away from the office today and do not have access to the details. I can get back to you tomorrow with more info.

Hi Grace,

Could you please share the steps you followed to integrate SDK to yocto build.
Also how to work with 4G connection manager ?

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Pichholiya

Hi Grace,

Could you please suggest us how to proceed?

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Pichholiya