EM7455: What is the recommended value for DHCPRELAYENABLE?

What is the recommended value for DHCPRELAYENABLE setting in AT!CUSTOM?

What are the cases when DHCPRELAYENABLE is required?

you can see here:

I have checked this thread earlier. But unable to understand its purpose on cellular modem.

What is its recommended value and when it is required to be enabled?

Does it consume some cellular data (possibly via DISCOVER packets) , if enabled? We have observed that the cellular modem is uploading around 4K of data in one hour in idle mode (no internet usage) ?

you can capture wireshark log and see what data is transferred.

This information came from the third party testing lab and we do not have the wireshark logs.

What kind of information exchange happens between ME<=>Network, if this DHCPRELAYENABLE setting is enabled?

if this is enabled, you can send out UDP packet with port 67 (DHCP stuff) to outside server.

The easiest way to solve your extra data usage problem is to capture wireshark log instead of seeing different setting.

Please confirm if the EM7455 acts as a DHCP relay agent in this case.

I can only capture the communication logs between UE (host device) and the outside Host (that obviously goes through EM7455).

How do I capture the Wireshark logs of the communication between ME (EM7455) and the Outside host?

Is there any thing that I can analyze from dmcapture.sh tool?

You can check in at!custom? If it is enabled

It is enabled
AT!CUSTOM?
!CUSTOM:
GPSENABLE 0x01
GPSLPM 0x01
IPV6ENABLE 0x01
UIM2ENABLE 0x01
SIMLPM 0x01
USBSERIALENABLE 0x01
DHCPRELAYENABLE 0x01

OK

I want to know if any data upload (to outside host) is performed by DHCPRELAYENABLE configuration?

Then you can capture wireshark log and see if there is udp packet sent out to destination port 67