EM7355 - Is this the right forum?

I’m relatively new to this device and software so I wasn’t sure if I was in the right forum. I did a search and most of the posts about the EM7355 were in the MC Series forum. I’m honestly not sure why but I’m not that familiar with the device yet.

Our company uses a lot of these internally on our ruggedized truck computers. Occasionally, we will get a stubborn driver who wants to close or disconnect the software from the internet. I was hoping you guys could help me.

I am a C# programmer. Here are my questions:

1. Can we prevent someone from disconnecting or closing the software as the software is without any changes?
  2. If not, is there an api that I can reference on the computer that will allow me to write a service that will start or connect the device if it is not connected?

The common these here is that we do not want the internet disabled for these drivers. We track the drivers live and when they shut down the software, we lose that tracking capability.

Thank you for your time!
TGA

Hi,
Yes, this is the right forum.

What software and driver version are you using? Also how are you connecting to internet?

Thanks
Alex