As a member of SierraWireless, I think it could interesting to have some feedback about what you expect regarding documentation.
We know that our documentation has room for improvements, this section of the forum is full of interesting remarks/requests, mainly oriented on missing/bad contents on existing documentation.
Hopefully, those requests will be corrected progressively.
This thread is more targeted to gather ideas about the format for future documentations.
Here are some characteristics you may expect to have or ideas to discuss in that topic, feel free to highlight those you think are the most important or to add other ideas.
- commenting/editing the doc (to add personal notes for example)
- ease to perform search in the doc
- offline and/or online content: offline is useful in some situation obviously, online is a solution to ensure up to date documentation.
- integrated in IDE/tools or standalone documentation
- copy-paste ability (for example to reuse the doc in your docs)
- file format: html, doc, odt, pdf etc. I would think file format as a way to answer other needs but I know some people expect specific file format.
That’s it for now,