Different behaviour between Integra and Fastrack on DTR-DSR

Hello,

this post will be posted here and in the Integra post.
I’m using VC++ to take control over both Integra and Fastrack. In the DCB structure there is a member called fDtrControl.
If this member is set to DTR_CONTROL_ENABLE, both modems works.
If this member is set to DTR_CONTROL_DISABLE, Integra modem works normally, while Fastrack modem doesn’t receive AT commands and doesn’t send strings (such as +CREG, +WIND and other automatic URC).

Why this difference? Who is wrong? Or may be that I’m forgotting some parameters in the modems configuration?

Furthermore, in the AT command manual, there is wrote that “AT&D0 - the DTR is ignored”. Setting this parameter to AT&D0, I was expecting that Fastrack starts to work: this is not. Thus, I’m I misunderstanding something?

Thanks and regards

The Integra can’t be connected direct to a PC - you must have created some sort of interface hardware.

Are you sure that your interface hardware for the Integra is correct and exactly equivalent to the Fastrack?

What cable do you use to connect the Fastrack to the PC?

Hi awneil,

yes you are right, the Integra module I bought was already mounted on a prototype board (which is not original from Wavecom), on which there are already switches and connectors for serial port, power supply, hand-set and some other thing.
About the cable, both Fastrack and Integra get connected to the PC through a “USB to Serial interface”: the only difference is that Fastrack is connected to the USB adapter with it’s own cable (9 and 15 pin), while Integra uses a normal serial cable. If you need the pin connection for the last one, please let me know and I’ll check it out.

Thanks.