developer studio usb device

using developer studio, is correct that usb device is not seen in target device management?
I attached my wavecom fastrack supreme with usb and I got /dev/ttyACM0 as device

thanks

Luca

My Fastrack’ USB appears as a COM port with DS 1.2.0 on Windows-XP.

I take it you’re on Linux?

USB devices are not supported under Linux (neither USB-serial converters, nor “pure” USB connections) with DS 1.2.0
It’s still planned to add this support in a future release (not the next one, which is coming shortly, but probably the one after).

I’m using Developer Studio “Base Plugin 2.1.0.201108051602 R6790” with Ubuntu 10.04 and the USB support does not appear to be working yet. I can use the ttyACM0 port with both Kermit and Minicom but the ttyACM0 port is not recognised at all by Developer Studio.

Do you have a workaround please? We need to use the USB port for Developer studio so that Serial Port 0 is available on the Fastrack Xtend for an FCM device.

I use Debian GNU/Linux wheezy/sid :

lqman@development:~$ uname -a
Linux development 3.1.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Sun Dec 11 20:40:16 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

and successfully use the USB device with this little trick :
my linuxbox recognize usb device as /dev/ttyACM0, then I create symbolic link into /dev/ttyUSB10

lqman@development:~$ ln -sf /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/ttyUSB10

Then, in the Target Management perspective, click Refresh the available serial ports, and /dev/ttyUSB10 is appear and can be accessed as serial port /dev/ttyS0, etc.
But there is little buggy, whenever the device is restart with AT+CFUN=1 or power-cycling, my linuxbox recognize it as /dev/ttyACM1, /dev/ttyACM2, /dev/ttyACM3, etc.
Maybe it can be solved with adding rule to the UDEV, but I choose to use another tricks. Create the symbolic link for /dev/ttyACM1, /dev/ttyACM2, etc.

lqman@development:~$ ln -sf /dev/ttyACM1 /dev/ttyUSB11
lqman@development:~$ ln -sf /dev/ttyACM2 /dev/ttyUSB12
lqman@development:~$ ln -sf /dev/ttyACM3 /dev/ttyUSB13
lqman@development:~$ ln -sf /dev/ttyACM4 /dev/ttyUSB14
lqman@development:~$ ln -sf /dev/ttyACM5 /dev/ttyUSB15

and this 6 symbolic link is enough for me.

Try it and give me feedback…

Thanks for the tip!
We’ve not solved all the USB issues under Linux, so far, but such kind of trick will help to be patient until then :wink: