Configuration.ini

Is there documentation of the settings in the Configuration.ini file used by the Sierra Wireless driver installer? I just installed the 4110 driver on Windows 8 x64 for my mc7355, and it did not install any of the COM ports. Then, I looked around on the net and redid the installation after setting USBCOMP=6 instead of USBCOMP=0 inside Configuration.ini. This resulted in the DM and NMEA com ports appearing in the device manager. I would like to have a reference of what each of the settings in Configuration.ini do. Is USBCOMP a bit mask? I have seen cases where it gets set to 14. What do these values mean? Thanks.

Hi,
USBCOMP is used to set the USB interface configuration. Please refer AT!UDUSBCOMP command to know more information about the USB interface configuration.
AT!UDUSBCOMP=? will give you all the available configurations.

Link to the AT command guide: http://developer.sierrawireless.com/Resources/Resources/AirPrime/Minicard/4114486_AirPrime_MC73XX-8805_AT_Command_Reference.aspx

Thanks,
Rex

Normally I modified the the configuration.ini like this under windows 10 and added the missing parameters for GPS:

SILENT=0
SS=1
Generic=005.058_000
MBBDRIVER=1
LOCATIONDRIVER=1
WIN8LOCATION=1
LOG=1
BUSDRIVER=1
WIN8BUSDRIVER=1
USBCOMP=8
CHECKFORDEVICE=0
GPS=1
GPSAUTO=1
GPSRADIO=1
DisableUsbCompAutoUpdate=1

When I restarted my PC, everything was just fine.
I noticed the modem, and the 2 com ports for NMEA GPS and DM Diagnostics in the Device Manger.

You gotta try it :wink: