It controls the storage location of the indexer settings:
- either in the project’s data (.cproject file)
- or in the workspace
The first option sounds better, since otherwise, settings are lost when you share the project with others, for example. We will take care of making this the default in a future release.
As for other things, the CDT indexer seems sometimes to be completely confused
When it occurs, I’ve no precise tip to making it working again, but you can try the following suggestions:
- Make sure that the indexer is configured on the active build config, and save settings with the project.
- Try to rebuild the index (despite sometimes it indeed doesn’t work, sometimes it does, hopefully)
- Try to close/reopen the project, and to rebuild the index if it’s not enough.
- Try to close/reopen M2M Studio, and to rebuild the index if it’s not enough.
I never had a project where the indexer if completely broken whatever I did, only some cases where it was temporarily broken.