CME ERROR: 60 description

HL7800-M - what is “+CME ERROR: 60” description? I can’t find in my “AT Commands Interface Guide”, 8.1.

Error was added in version 9.0
60: Internal system failure

This error is still not documented in version 13 of the RC76XX AT commands document 41113566.
(I would add that the description doesn’t give much of a clue as to what is going wrong)

Hi @chris6,

Welcome to our community!

• What command did you send on RC76 resulting in error +CME ERROR: 60?
  • Please specify which version of RC76 you are using and what firmware it is running.
  • Please provide AT command log containing information about RC76, along with the steps you took that led to the error.
ATI9
AT!IMPREF?
AT commands you have executed

Thanks,

Log 1.txt (5.8 MB)
The primary point of my post was to point out that this error is not documented in the list of CME errors in the AT, but since you have asked, I’ve uploaded a (large) log which includes the incident.

Our appliance sends a UDP packet containing telemetry data at regular intervals, and resets everything if a failure occurs

The module was reset at line 27693, and came up on 2G (see below)
There was a successful KUDPSEND at line 27969
It switched to 4G at line 28409, then did several successful SENDs
Back o 2G on 34090
It then chugs along happily doing a KUDPSEND, the last successful one being at 186200
The next UDPSEND is at line 187398
The CME ERROR is at line 187402, and was in response to a AT+KUDPSEND command.

At the time, I was stress testing our product with low battery (about 3.5V) and low signal (running in a biscuit tin with a 50 ohm terminator instead of an antenna). This is probably why it was running on 2G (lower frequency, better penetration of biscuit tin lid gaps)

At the time the module was running Rev 9, but I have since updated to Rev 10, so I can no longer get a valid AT!IMPREF? result from that board.