@mlw thanks for the reply,
I am using Sierra Wireless MC7455 module. So basically we do have a application which works with serial GPS to log data from sensors.
The application is working propperly for more then 15 years with various suppliers for GPS receivers and is under continuos development. I wanted to change the GPS receiver from ublox to sierra wireless since i was not really happy with ublox’ costumer support, but i am facing difficulties with the MC7455 and our software. Basically, I cannot see any GPS-Data beeing received from our Software via the serial Interface.
I started investigation and tested the following:
- changed NMEA start from “when COM opens” to “on module start” > no difference
- changed NMEA output sentences to the only required GGA, VTG and RMC > no difference
- checked the output format > difference to previous working ublox modules
So i compared the output format from MC7455 to the ublox modules and found out, that displaying the messages in ASCII is showing the weird formating, changing displaying in ANSI and everything looks ok.
ALso interessting: Trying to open the serial NMEA interface with ublox software u-center is showing continuously connect and reconnect on the interface, which is also a strange behaviour. I expect the software to be at least able to propperly open standardized NMEA COM-port, it should not be any problem weather it is a ublox or sierra module.
I really dont know what else could be the problem. I hope one of you guys have seen similar. I would really like to stick to this module.