C++ new/delete vs adl_memGet

I have been searching the forum but haven’t been able to locate an exact answer to my question. I am building a C++ OpenAT application for an SL6087 (using the most recent tools), and I need to perform some dynamic memory allocation. Should I be using the OpenAT adl_memGet()/adl_memRelease() functions or can I stick to new/delete semantics?

Sorry if this has already been answered, if so please point me to the appropriate thread with the information.

Thanks

Well, it was in the documentation all onlg, but I just didn’t see it:
In the advanced help section for Adding C++ to an OpenAT project:

Toolchain specificities
Toolchains used in order to build the Open AT application have some specificities, which are listed below.

RTE mode
RTE mode natively supports C++; there are no additional modifications or stubs to add to the application.

[b][u]Target mode
Target mode requires a stub to be added for memory management (since new and delete C++ operators depend on standard C memory management functions). This stub is provided here, and has to be added to every Open AT application project which aims to embed C++ code.

ARM ELF GCC
This toolchain has no specificities (except the need for the memory stub, explained just above). [/u][/b]

RVDS
This toolchain requires some internal functions at the link stage as soon as C++ is used. These functions are provided in this stub, which has to be added to every Open AT application project compiled with the RVDS toolchain and which embeds C++ code.

ADS
C++ is not fully and correctly supported by this toolchain (no standard library, namespaces not supported). It is not recommended to use C++ with the ADS toolchain.

Referenced source code:

/*
 * memory_stub.c
 *  Created on: Sep 13, 2010
 *      Author: cjohannsen
 */

#include "adl_global.h"

#ifndef __REMOTETASKS__

void *malloc(size_t n)
{
   return adl_memGet(n);
}

void free(void *p)
{
   if (p)
      adl_memRelease(p);
}

void *calloc(size_t n, size_t s)
{
   void *p = malloc(n*s);
   memset(p, 0, n*s);
   return p;
}

#endif

Bada-bing, bada-boom: new() and delete() function properly.

And I can definitely assure you that if you do not include this source file, you will get module resets every time you try and use new() or delete().

Cory