C-CGPS Problem

Hello,

I have a problem with the C-GPS samples provided by Wavecom. I tested it some time ago and it worked, but now they don’t work. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. I follow the steps that are in the application note: configuration of the switches, download the binary application.
I execute AT+WOPEN=1 and then AT+CGPS=2, and the led of the GPS starts blinking. Then I send the configuration SMS to the wireless CPU, but nothing occurs. I don’t receive the GPS position.

In the traces I receive an error message, when the program executes AT+WMFM (+CME ERROR: 3 which according to the documentation means operation not allowed). I don’t know why this error appears?

Trace IP 5 Reading Flash Data
Trace IP 1 erGetGpsState returns ON/STANDBY
Trace IP 1 Flash Read return value is: 0
Trace IP 4 AT+WIOM= 22,1,0
Trace IP 4
OK
Trace IP 4 AT+WIOM= 23,1,0
Trace IP 4
OK
Trace IP 4 AT+WIOM= 19,1,0
Trace IP 4
OK
Trace IP 4 adl_ioSubscribe 5
Trace IP 4 GPS = 1
Trace IP 4 NRST = 1
Trace IP 4 LED GPIO configured. Handle 6
Trace IP 3 AT+WMFM=0,1,2
Trace IP 3
+CME ERROR: 3
Trace IP 3 AT+IPR=57600
Trace IP 3
OK
Trace IP 3 AT+ICF=2,0
Trace IP 3
OK
Trace IP 3 AT+IFC=0,0
Trace IP 3
OK
Trace IP 5 Checking for Flash Data
Trace IP 5 Reading Flash Data
Trace IP 3 DATAGPS Control Event Handler : 0
Trace IP 3 Switch to data: 0
Trace IP 3 DATAGPS Control Event Handler : 2
Trace IP 3 AppWriteDiagSerial
Trace IP 3 AppWriteDiagSerial

I have the same problem in the 3 samples (Query application, Interval Update and TCP Internet Connection).
I don’t know what is wrong.

Thank you.

Hi Breoh,
Does the GSM Led blink?
ttt

Hi trthaithong,
I have a development kit Q2686. Which is de GSM led? The SIM card is in its place and it works because I can make a call and send SMS, so I think that the GSM works. The leds that blink are the GPS and the Flash Led. I don´t know wich is the GSM led?
There are two more leds, VBAT and EN1(UART1) but they keep on glowing.

Thanks

Hi Breoh:

I’m also trying to make the ‘InternetConnection’ sample run. I’m using the binaries from the ‘\Plug-ins\C-GPS\1.01.2000\C-GPS\samples\InternetConnection\bin’, and I’m testing with ‘gcc_InternetConnection_256KB.wpb.dwl’. I don’t have a development kit so I’m using a Fastrack Supreme modem.

Where did you get that trace from? I’m having problems to make the sample run and a good start point will be to get some trace.

Thanks.

Hi txavinavarro,

I’m using these binary files too. I get the traces from the Target Monitoring Tool. Is a tool provided by Wavecom. The development toolkit is a set of 4 tools running under Windows :
-Target Monitoring Tool (to display the embedded application trace messages)
-Terminal Emulator (Is the AT command terminal)
-Remote Aplication Execution (let the user application to be executed on a PC by meas of Visual C++ while communicating with the target through the serial link)
-Serial Link Manager (Uses the PC serial link (COM1, COM2) to communicate with the wavecom products)

It comes in the installation CD.

Hi Breah:

This is my trace:

Trace CUS4 1 Embedded Application : Main
Trace CUS4 1 erGetGpsState returns ON/STANDBY
Trace CUS4 1 Flash Read return value is: 0

But, I don’t get the traces with the ‘AT’ commands… :cry:

The green led on my Fastrack modem now is always turned off. I’m sending the SMS message but I don’t get any trace…

Hi Breoh,
GSM led is the FLASH-LED on development kit. So the flash-led blink mean GSM is ok. I think you should get the NMEA data to debug port with AT+NMEA=1. Another thing that is the SMS format right? (INFO:“Password”:“Phonenumber”)? You can check whether the WCP receive the message with AT+CMGL=REC_UNREAD.
ttt

Hello,
Yes, the flash led blinks. If I execute AT+NMEA=1 all the information goes to the debug UART and is displayed in the Terminal Emulator. The configuration SMS, that I sent, doesn’t appear in the card memory if I use AT+CMGL=“ALL”. I think that this type of message is not stored in the memory card, it is only a configuration message and the program doesn´t stored it. In the program there is a function that parses the incoming SMS to find out if the received SMS pertains to CGPS. It validates the SMS and parses the fields of SMS.

When I execute AT+WOPEN=1 the program starts, and then appears this traces (the same as txavinavarro):

Then I execute AT+CGPS=2 (because UART2 is the UART i use with the C-GPS daugther board) and appears the traces I put in the first post. And there is an error:

Trace IP 3 AT+WMFM=0,1,2
Trace IP 3
+CME ERROR: 3

I don’t know why this error appears?

Thanks

Hi Breah:

Finally, I’m at the same point like you. Here it’s my trace:

Start up sequence:

at+wopen=1
at+cpin=0000
AT+NMEA=1
AT+CGPS=2

Trace:

Trace CUS4 30 SIM subs 00215375
Trace CUS4 5 Checking for Flash Data
Trace CUS4 5 Reading Flash Data
Trace CUS4 26 SMS subs : 0
Trace CUS4 4 AT+WIOM=22,1,0 --> OK
Trace CUS4 4 AT+WIOM=23,1,0 --> OK
Trace CUS4 4 AT+WIOM=19,1,0 --> OK
Trace CUS4 4 adl_ioSubscribe 6
Trace CUS4 4 GPS = 1
Trace CUS4 4 NRST = 1
Trace CUS4 4 LED GPIO configured. Handle 7 --> +CME ERROR: 3
Trace CUS4 3 AT+IPR=57600 -->OK
Trace CUS4 3 AT+ICF=2,0 --> OK
Trace CUS4 3 AT+IFC=0,0 --> OK

I see the packets in the Terminal Emulator, but when I send the SMS nothin happens…

Hi again,

It seems that the problem is with the ‘AT+WMFM=0,1,2’ command. It is failing trying to open UART2, and the answer is just ‘Operation Not allowed.’ aka ‘+CME ERROR: 3’.

This is the ‘C’ source code:

case 0:
		// Open the NMEA through DATAGPS: The NMEA is closed by default
		adl_atCmdCreate("AT+WMFM=0,1,2", ADL_AT_PORT_TYPE(ADL_PORT_NONE, FALSE), (adl_atRspHandler_t)Init_ResponseHandler, "*", NULL);
		TRACE(( COM_MSG_TRACE_LEVEL , "AT+WMFM=0,1,2"));

Maybe it’s just that the port is already open, check it with this command:

at+wmfm=0,2,2

If the answer is +WMFM: 0,2,2,1, then the port it’s already open. Check the +WMFM command documentation on ‘AT Commands Interface Guide’ for more info.

My conclusion is that the problem is not with that start up sequence. So I will try to find why the SMS is not received…

Hello txavinavarro,

I have solved my problem. Forget the ‘+CME ERROR: 3’, in spite of this error the program works. There is a problem with the number of messages stored. You can store only 20 messages, so you have to delete some of the messages you have in the SIM card.
If you want to see all the messages you have in your sim card type AT+CMGL=“ALL”. For deleting a message use AT+CMGD=.
This is the reason because of the SMS is not received. If you have space in the sim card, you can send the configuration message to the Wavecom Wireless CPU, and it is interpreted by the program. But this message is not stored in the SIM card (in spite there is space) because actually is not a message, is a CONFIGURATION message, so the program uses it to know characteristics about the application. To receive the message you need to have space in the sim card although you don´t store it.
If the message you send to the Wavecom Wireless CPU doesn’t have the correct format the application send you (to the mobile from where you send the SMS) an error message.

I hope this helps to you.

Hello Breah,

Thanks for you answer.

My problems is with the send/reception of SMS (I can’t make voice calls as well).

Can you post your results for “ati3” and “at+wopen=2” ?

I have another modem a Fastrack not a Fastrack Supreme, and it’s working OK, misterious…

Thanks again,

Hi txavinavarro,

I´m sorry but I can’t do that because I have a problem. You can read my problem in a post that I put in “Open AT SDK”. The subject is “Corrupted Software”. I can’t communicate with Wireless CPU.

My software development kit is Open AT SDK V4.13.

Regards

hi Breoh,
Why you can not communicate with WCPU?
ttt

Hi trthaithong,

I couldn´t communicate with WCPU because it had enter in a reset bucle. The Charger Led (red one) and the Flash-Led (green one) start blinking very quik. In the “Product Technical Specification” of Q2686 (I have a Q2686) says that it means that the software downloaded is either corrupted or noncompatible. I sent AT commands and I didn’t have response.
But I have solved my problem. I have downloaded the DWLWin from the Wavecom Website and installed it in my PC. I downloaded a new application in the wireless CPU and I have solved the problems of communication with the WCPU.

Regards-