BC127 Sleep Current

Hello all,

I have a BC127 and is set in HID tx mode ( like a HID keyboard) . It is in a remote control device so power consumption is critical. Deep Sleep is ON. If I do pairing the consumption is below 1 mA but if i do an OPEN …HID the consumption jumps to 10mA+ regardless if I send characters or not and seems to stay there regardless… I need to bring the consumption to minimum level in the 1mA range when not in use ( with the eventual beacon) … What should I do to get that small current when I have nothing to send??

Emil

Hi infopop,

You can try configuring with these commands as below:

Enable deep sleep
SET DEEP_SLEEP=ON
OK
Store the configuration
WRITE
OK

Actually this does not solve the problem at all . regardless with that setting ( Deep Sleep) on or off the consumption is the same once a HID link is opened; regardless if sending a character or not. The device sits at about 10mA. If the connection is closed than the device drops down to 1mA or under so it is in real sleep mode.

I was expecting when OPEN 17 HID is active and sleep is enabled and there is no characters (data) sent the module would sleep at 1mA or under ( with the occasional current burst to maintain the link)

For reference the moduel is on a remote control and paired as a BT HID device with a pc. It needs to send ( at the press of a button) some characters once in a while. Most of the time needs to be connected but sleep.

Hello Donald,

Actually this does not solve the problem at all . regardless with that setting ( Deep Sleep) on or off the consumption is the same once a HID link is opened; regardless if sending a character or not. The device sits at about 10mA. If the connection is closed than the device drops down to 1mA or under so it is in real sleep mode.

I was expecting when OPEN 17 HID is active and sleep is enabled and there is no characters (data) sent the module would sleep at 1mA or under ( with the occasional current burst to maintain the link)

For reference the moduel is on a remote control and paired as a BT HID device with a pc. It needs to send ( at the press of a button) some characters once in a while. Most of the time needs to be connected but sleep.

Would be great if we can connect direct and work on this.

Emil

Hi infopop,

When deep sleep is enabled:
If no activity (UART, GPIO, Bluetooth) for 2000 ms, module goes to deep sleep.
Any data on the UART wakes the module from deep sleep, and the chip wakes
up approximately 5 ms later.
However, the transmission that wakes the module is lost.
Therefore, it is recommended to send dummy data followed by a Carriage Return
(), which will return ERROR 0x0012, before sending an actual command.
This will wake the chip and clear the command buffer.

Could you share to me the log file with some commands as below?

VERSION
STATUS
LIST
OPEN 17 HID
SET DEEP_SLEEP=ON
WRITE
CONFIG
Wait for 2000 ms. You then can try to check current consumption of BC127.

Thanks Donald !

VERSION
STATUS
LIST
OPEN 17 HID
SET DEEP_SLEEP=ON
WRITE
CONFIG

…indeed consumption is under 1mA but then do :

PAIR xxxxxxx

OPEN xxxxxx HID

and be quiet, no tx, rx, nothing from any of the sides… then the current is over 10mA . I am using the latest V7.3 but is the same in all versions ( tested from V6.0.30 up) . What you describe applies if module is not paired and connected to any link . If connected to any profile ( like HID in my case ) does not go to sleep at all between transmissions, it is a constant current, I was expecting it to drop down after the 2 seconds, but not…

Hi infopop,

It can be limitation of the current firmware module. Please contact your re-seller or distributor directly for technical support.

Hello Donald,

Can setup two BC127 modules ( development boards) , one as a HID device and the other one as HID master and then can test the current consumption…can try the same for SPP , again no sleep …

Emil

Hi infopop,

I have same issue. It can be limitation of the current firmware module. Please contact your re-seller or distributor directly for technical support.

1 Like

Thank You appreciate the support. I have put in a ticket for it.

Best regards…