BC127 Reduce BLE Tx Power to < 6 dBm

With the BC127 in BLE mode is it possible, to reduce the TX Power to < 6dBm. In Beacon Mode it is possible to set the TX Power .
Thanks

@rolf

It should be possible with the ‘SET TX_POWER xxxx’ command as per the user guide.

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks for your quick response.

I downloaded the user guid 7.x for the BC 127 but i cannot find the configuration parameter TX_POWER. Is it hidden or not described ???

Exists the parameter TX_POWER although in the version 6.1.5 ???

I tried GET TX_POWER -< ERROR 0x001A

Thanks

Rolf

image001.jpg

@rolf,

I was looking at an internal page and did not ralise it was not in the external manual. It seems to be an undocumented command so technically not supported, as long as you use it on that basis then you should be fine.

The format is as per below.
TX_POWER [ ]

I am running 7.2 firmware
TX_POWER
TX_POWER 4 8
OK

The module uses this for page, inquiry and their scan responses. Also used as initial power for new ACL (Asynchronous Connection-Less) links.

The maximum transmit power is referenced when increasing transmit power. If transmit power on a link is already above this level, the new value does not take effect until an attempt is made to increase the power

Value set is rounded down to the next available value in the power table (-20, -16, -12, -8, -4, 0, 4, 8). Therefore, the value returned using ‘Get’ format may be lower than the value entered in the ’Set’ format.

If no parameters are provided, the default and maximum transmit power are returned (as per my test above).

Regards

Matt