BC127 HD HID profile

In the Melody user guide it talks about the HID profile but HID is not listed as a supported profile on the BC127 HD. Is it possible to enable the HID profile on the BC127 HD?

Hi,

When you say it is not listed a supported profile what do you mean? The output from a standard unit does not either from the version command.

Profiles: A2DP AVRCP HFP BLE SPP PBAP MAP TWS

HID is generically available on all of the BC127 devices but it is identified as an individual profile because it is a generic implementation with the host responsible for handling the data from the HID device as it can be anything which we cannot cater for i.e. there is no way for us to handle say a mouse or webcam. This is discussed in the user guide.

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/hardware_specs_user_guides/bc127-melody-audio-7-user-guide/

With an example of its usage given in Appendix A.

Regards

Matt

Thank you for the reply Matt,

I read in the user guide that a keyboard descriptor is loaded by default. I can connect a keyboard to the BC127 and it receives data but the data received doesn’t match the keys typed.
i.e.

RECV 17 9
RECV 17 9 "
RECV 17 9

when I hit the “5” key on the keyboard. Do I have to change the descriptor to work with the keyboard?

Also my readout for HID_REAd doesn’t seem right

HID_READ ECEA0398AD69
PENDING
HID_READ 300 6&6"& ¡à)ç%)u&ÿ)ÿÀ
¡%u
#

p       o
                                                     !

é       Í       ¶       ´       µ       ³       â       ê
                                     $uÀ    ¡%u     uÀ
                                                            ¡       ¡ÿ%u
                                                                        þ
                                                                         þÀÀ
                                                                                    ¡       ¡        &ÿÀÀ
                         ¡          (&ÿÀ
                                            ¡ÿu$)&uÀ

Thank you,

Quinn