BC127 - BLE and BT have the same name in IoS

Hi Everybody,
I’m using the module BC127 in my project to establish the Bluetooth communication with an Application that works in Android/IOS.
My project use the BLE communication to share data with the application and the BT communication to start a Call.
The problem is that in IOS device when I open the bluetooth list I see the same name for BT connection and BLE connection.
Example.

BT connection name is TEST
BLE connection name is TEST-BLE

In IOS when I go to Settings - Bluetooth device - In the list I see two bluetooth networks with the same name ( TEST and TEST instead of TEST and TEST-BLE).

This things doesn’t happen with Andorid, in the bluetooth list I see the two networks with different name

IS there a solution about this problem?
Thank you very much for your help.

Mattia

Hi @mattia.scacco,

I have just tried advertising BT and BLE on my BC127 then using Android phone and Iphone to scan bluetooth device. Result is as below:
a, On Android phone, BT connection and BLE connection have the different names:
BT connection name is BC-01908C.
BLE connection name is BC01908C.
b, On Iphone (latest IOS v14.4), when I go to Settings > Bluetooth device, I see only a BT connection name of BC127 (BC-01908C) in the list.

I tried downloading and installing Melody Smart App (link: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/application_notes_and_code_samples/melodysmartkit-sample-app-ios/ or on AppStore) to scan BLE devices, BLE connection name of BC127 (BC01908C) displays in the list.

So I think the problem is not from BC127 device, it may be coming from IOS.

Can you check this issue on another IOS devices?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @jerdung,
thank you very much for your reply, I have tried different IOS device and I saw the same problem.
I have written the same question in the IOS developer forum to understand if there is a way to solve this problem.
I keep you updated because I think that this could be a problem for a lot of users.

Thanks

Mattia