You say, "Pound"; I say, "Hash"

The Americans call the ‘#’ symbol “Pound”;

We British call the ‘#’ symbol “Hash”.

What do the rest of you say :question:

Cross Post:

Edit - Clarification:

I’m actually thinking in terms of one of those automated telephone systems where it says,
“Press ‘1’ for this, ‘2’ for that, ‘3’ for the other, or ‘#’ to exit”

How would you say that ‘#’ in “English” i[/i]?
Would you use the British “hash”, or the American “pound” - or something else?

If the sign is used in a telephone system they normally say the danish word for ‘square’ in denmark.

If it’s used in a programming environment, people normally say the danish word for ‘garden gate’ and C# programmers say the english word ‘sharp’.