Yocto make image_bin error

nothing change still get same error as before.

I don’t see problem to download:

http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/uninative/2.4/x86_64-nativesdk-libc.tar.bz2

I have run this 2 lines

git config --global --add safe.directory /home/exars/workspace/boardSupport/yocto/poky
git config --global --add safe.directory /home/exars/workspace/boardSupport/yocto/meta-openembedded

and get this error

i remember there is no need to enter those lines, maybe you add it, that is why it has error

but if I don’t add it still got error
this one

if this not the way to fixed then how can I do?

Strange that the version is SWI9X06Y_02.35.02.00, this is not for WP76 R16.0.1

I cannot found that where it have write version SWI9X06Y_02.35.02.00 ??

in your picture above:

I can make Yocto R16.0.1 but still cannot make yoctoR13.3.
Can I use ycotoR16.0.1 with WP7605 that install firmware R13.3 Docomo ??

Why suddenly you can build successfully?

BTW, why don’t you try R16.1 which has DOCOMO?

https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airprime/software/wp76xx/wp76xx-firmware-release-16,-d-,1/#sthash.Yzj16bFm.dpbs

I believe this issue is centered around git version being used.

The issue does not appear in older version of ubuntu, I believe that is because an older version of git is the default version. For newer versions of git, the first error giveb is:

Exception: bb.process.ExecutionError: Execution of '/var/wp77xx/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/temp/run.do_generate_version_file.4567' failed with exit code 128

This is remediated with git config --global --add safe.directory '*' where the issue is replaced with:

Exception: bb.process.ExecutionError: Execution of '/var/wp77xx/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/temp/run.do_generate_version_file.1600' failed with exit code 1

Reading through the debug logs, the error seems to be:

+ determine_kernel_versions
+ cd /var/wp77xx/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/deploy-mdm9x28-image-minimal-image-complete
+ '[' '!' -e /var/wp77xx/yocto/build_bin/tmp/work/swi_mdm9x28_wp-poky-linux-gnueabi/mdm9x28-image-minimal/1.0-r0.0/deploy-mdm9x28-image-minimal-image-complete/mdm9x28-image-minimal-swi-mdm9x28-wp-20240322181619.rootfs.manifest ']'
+ echo 'Image manifest does not exist.'
Image manifest does not exist.
+ exit 1

That file does exist so i am not 100% sure why it is not being detected. Will update this thread when i figure it out.

This issue is not seen when starting from a clean YoctoDistro (IE: untar the file) , running

• git config --global --add safe.directory '*'
  • bitbake linux-msm
  • bitbake mdm9x28-image-minimal

This suggests that there is two issues to mdm9x28-image-minimal recipe:

1. Having to perform git config --global --add safe.directory '*'
  2. Not cleaning up if an issue arises with git as this can only be fixed with a complete recreation of the yocto env. The cleanup task in the recipe likely needs to be updated.