Wip_write returns zero

hi,

i have a problem about sending data throgh tcp/ip. i use wip lib. when a client connects to my modem, i send some data to the client . this data about 12000 bytes and i send this with a timer interval of 1 seconds. i send 400 bytes every seconds by this timer.

now, my problem is sometimes i can not send this data with wip_write function. it returns zero that means it cant send any data at that time. then i wait for the next second and try to send again. usually i can not send along 30 seconds. when i get WIP_CEV_WRITE event, i can send again but it is too late.

my question is , how can i decrease this 30 seconds time so that my client wont think that timeout hapenned?
i search for SEND_LOWAT, RCV_LOWAT and WIP_COPT_NODELAY option but i count have an idea if these can solve my problem or not.

You can check transmit buffer for more info on your problem. The command to check it will be something like:
wip_getOpts(socket, WIP_COPT_SND_BUFSIZE, &allbuf, WIP_COPT_NWRITE, &freebuf, WIP_COPT_END);

When buffer is not full it is OK to send more data.

thank you for the reply, i will try for it. Or i will use an other way to solve this problem.

I’m using OASIS 2.10, with the Q2687G, and I tried using this feature to work around another WIP issue. What I got is that WIP_COPT_NWRITE returns some random number in the 4 million range. Wavecom has confirmed this is broken. As an aside, I also noticed that Readable and Writeable (part of the WIP Event data structure) is always “0”.

blackyblack has NWRITE worked for you before?

Yes, WIP_COPT_NWRITE perfectly works. However I use OpenAT 4.26, WIP 3.x and q2686 (with q24 works fine too).