What is the alternative command of "AT+CIND"

Hi there.

I implemented the dynamics management system using by HL7539.
I would like to know the alternative command of AT+CIND. I want to know the following infomations:

• Whether is the module out of service or not.
  • Whether is the module connecting to the mobile network or not.

We used the 3G USB dongle which can use the “AT+CIND”. This command is providing necessary informations. However, Sierra HL7539 doesn’t have “AT+CIND” command.

@mantaroh,

It should support at+cind anyway its not the best command to find this information. I would recommend the following

• at+creg? will tell you the circuit switched connection state, 0 not searching, 1 attached to home network, 2 searching, 5 attached and roaming.
  • at+cgreg?, will tell you the packet switched connection state, as above.
  • Assuming it is attached at+cops? will tell you the network it is on and the technology it is on i.e. 2G, 3G, LTE.

For details on the above check the command manual out.

Regards

Matt

@mlw
Thank you for your reply.

I tried it, then I can get this information. However, this information is a little different from my understanding.
I want to know that we can connect via PPP or not before establishing the connection.(I.e., I want to know that this chip is in service area or not.)

In my test result, I can’t get the status from AT+CGREG / AT+CREG before establishing the connection via the PPP.

Can I get these status before establishing the PPP connection?

@mantaroh,

Yes you can see the status before the unit starts a session with the network for the application to use as per the below (the first 1 in the response is the mode for the unit which I have set).

at+creg?
+CREG: 1,1

OK
at+cgreg?
+CGREG: 1,1

OK
at+cereg?
+CEREG: 1,1

OK

Regards

Matt

According to my test result, the AT+CGREG and AT+CEREG returned the 3(Registration denied) before connecting the network via the PPP.
Then these command returned the 1(Registered) when establishing the PPP connection.

Should we execute the some commands (e.g., AT+WPPP and AT+CGDCONT and AT+COPS=0 and AT+CGATT=1) before checking AT+CGREG / AT+CGEREG ?

@mantaroh,

Its difficult for me to make a recommendation if you do not post a log file of what you are doing.

The unit should power up and just attach to a network, given its default settings. You need to make sure the APN in CID (CGDCONT) 1 is correctfor it to connect to LTE correctly but that is all.

Regards

Matt

@mlw

I tried following command:

+KSUP: 0
AT+CEREG?
+CEREG: 0,3
OK
AT+CGACT=0
OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ISP.jp"
OK
AT+WPPP=1,1,"user@*******","**********"
OK
AT+CGACT=1
OK
AT+CEREG?
+CEREG: 0,1
OK

The +CGREG returned the 3 if I didn’t execute the CGDCONT and WPPP and CGACT.
Do we need to execute these commands before checking the CGREG?

@mantaroh,

There is limited information here but you are attached to the LTE network which is good meaning you should be able to gt a signal strength (using at+csq, at!gstatus?, etc) and also to perform data connections.

Regards

Matt

@mlw

Thank you for you reply.

We can get LTE network information by using the AT+CSQ / AT+CEREG.