When we plug a USB cable between our own WMP design and a PC, the PC always picks it up as an “unknown” USB device.
Here is a bit of background:
- We based the USB port connection in our own WMP100 design on the circuit diagram examples of the Wavecom documentation for the development kit user guid and the WMP Design Guidelines.
- We also installed the USB driver that we received from Wavecom on our PC.
- We issued the command “at+wmfm=0,1,3”
- When we type “at+wmfm?” we see the following which seem to indicate that the command has been accepted:
- When we disconnect the USB from our own product and plug it into the Wavecom Development board, then the PC immeadiately picks up the WMP100 as a Wavecom modem. This makes me suspect our own hardware, but we have checked and re-checked and our hardware design looks exactly like the circuit diagrams on the Wavecom documentation.
Now the question : Is there anything else we need to do to use USB with our WMP100 design?