Sync status

Hello

I have a question regarding the sync status on airvantage. I get a sync warning stating:

Application or firmware returned by this system is unknown from AirVantage [WP7607-1_LE,19.04.0]

I have deployed my system as a bundle but I guess this is related to the firmware name/revision/type in my apps? Can someone explain or point me to the right documentation as I have not found it.

Hi,

Please make sure the firmware name/revision/type in your application are corrected on AirVantage server.

Here is the AirPrime - WP Series - AirVantage FOTA & SOTA Guidelines
AirPrime - WP Series - AirVantage FOTA & SOTA Guidelines

and Create and Install Bundles
https://docs.legato.io/18_09/avInstallUpload.html

1 Like

Hi @Donald

Have read all this and understand how to make an application that syncs without warning but this it related to the firmware or communication reference and have not found any good documentation on how this works…

In public apps I can find a firmware reference with name WP7607-1 and type WP7607-1_LE from sierra. This is marked as a reference and would like some more info on what this means?
The revision is “19.02.0” so I will try to copy this and make my own with revision 19.04.0.
The zip only contains the model.app, oma.cp and swir.cp and is definded in model.app as an airprime FW:
application-manager use="LWM2M_AIRPRIME_FW"

Hi,

In public apps I can find a firmware reference with name WP7607-1 and type WP7607-1_LE from sierra. This is marked as a reference and would like some more info on what this means?

Type must be unique in AirVantage. There is a single type for each module application so it should have to be the customer short name with the application short name like SWIR_OpenAT. Don’t hesitate to add your company name for software application.

Name: it should be clearer to be application name like Open AT Framework. The name is just used to be displayed on the UI.

Revision : this field must be filled with the application version. For Sierra Wireless, it must be consistent with what the FW sent to AirVantage. For Open AT module, you can check with the ati9 command: . (For example: R1.2.0.2014XXXXX).

Please refer to https://doc.airvantage.net/av/reference/application/ for application format reference

Could you please help to share a screenshot the Synchronize system job and your firmware package?

Sync status:

Firmware status:
My custom firmware model:

Made a new firmware model:

And now it synced without warnings!
But now my firmware revision is not mentioned in the model file. Not sure if this is a problem as I will probably never update the firmware OTA only legato bundles.

But NOT installing a legato bundle built for another firmware revision is still the most important and I may loose this control now…

Hi,

If you want to update only legato bundles. You need a legato bundle and firmware model.

Please find the screenshot my bundle model and firmware model for your reference.

Thank you for your response.

As I understand the complete firmware update is about 50MB so that is not really an option on our data plan. And updating just parts of the firmware is likely to cause compatibility issues.
Legato bundles is about 5MB so that is why we update only the legato baseline version.
If the rollback issue on sudden power failure is truly fixed we might try overlay or app updates only.

I see your bundle is not specific as to what hardware revision it is built for. You can’t install a legato bundle buildt for say WP8548 R15 on a WP8548 R16.1? I guess you can but it will probably not work right?

So we need to upload a legato bundle for each module and firmware version we have in the field.
But how about apps do they need to be built for each firmware and legato version as well?

Hi,

Yes, it is.
We need to upload a legato bundle for each module and firmware version we have in the field.
The apps are written by API. So it will match with each firmware and legato version.

If possible, Could you please mark “Solution” on the answer? So the community could easily find the solution for their problems.

1 Like