Simultaneous ATD

Hello,
On a HiloNcV2 / HL6528RD, I use 4 virtual links via gsmMuxd.
Due to an HL6528RD bug, the modem hang up my GPRS connection on mux 4 when I hang up a phone call on mux 2. Thus my program has often to redial using ATD99# to recreate the GPRS connection.
This brings me to the burning issue that sometimes I have to do a voice call using ATD on MUX2 while MUX4 ATD
99# to recreate the GPRS connection. This creates errors either on MUX2 or MUX4
It could be “timeout” of ATD*99# on Mux4 or/and MO call setup issue on Mux2.

Could you confirm that we cannot use ATD for voice call and ATD99# for initiation GPRS at the same time?
If so, should I allow a voice call again just after receiving CONNECT from ATD
99#? When should I allow ATD*99# after a voice call, on hang UP?

Thanks in advance

@hestia,

So on 2G (without going into too much detail) you cannot have a data session running at the same time as a voice call. If you are trying to do both simultaneously then it will cause problems, normally the modem will prioritise a voice call and suspend the data session so there are two scenario’s

• Data session up, sending receiving data happily then a voice call comes in the data session is paused and no data will flow but voice call will be up.
  • Voice call up, try to start a data session, its going to fail as the voice call is in place.

This is generic for 2G, you can do both on 3G and LTE if the unit/network both work with VoLTE.

Regards

Matt

Regards

Matt

Hello Matt,
In my case, if I try to dial up for a voice call while I also dial for a data session either both fails or voice call fails. It sounds in my case that either the data session call has the priority as it is the first one that tried to dial up OR they simply both fail.
I think I will add a Mutex that either wait for the voice call to end or for the data session dial up to end.